This year we are highlighting our insulation services to make an effort to help reduce heating bills and increase energy efficiency.
Advantages to Insulation:
- Dramatically reduced heating bills (up to 40%)
- Homes maintain generated heat in winter months and slow down the heat flow into your home in the summer months.
- Greatly reduces the risk of dampness & condensation in your home.
- Greatly reduces draughts and breezes within your home
- Prevents ice dams and dangerous icicles from forming on your roof
- By insulating your home you will depend less on generated energy, thus greatly reducing the carbon footprint of your home and helping the environment.
Types of Insulation
Loose-fill or blown-in insulation is one of the most common types of insulation and works exactly how it sounds. It is blown into a wall cavity or designated space using special equipment. It is very efficient in reducing heating costs.
Batts and Rolls Insulation
Also known as blanket insulation, batts and rolls insulation is ideal for spaces that are free of obstructions. It sort of resembles a blanket and is laid out flat and fitted between joists, studs, and beams. Blanket insulation can be used for floors, ceilings, and unfinished walls.
Spray foam insulation is uniquely capable of thoroughly sealing holes and cracks in your attic or crawl space. ... Spray foam insulation creates a powerful airtight seal that has shown to be 24 times less permeable to air infiltration than other types of insulation. The most efficient method in retaining heat.